Increase Downloading Speed in BSNL Broadband.BSNL is the government owned telecom company in India that provide different services like landlines phones, wireless phones, broadband internet connections etc…
BSNL is the most used broadband service in India. But many people find the download speed is not upto the mark. If so, BSNL provides an option to upgrade the internet speed by
opting for another plan. Currently BSNL offers bandwidth of upto 8MBPS.
But if you're not interested to upgrade to a new and wanted to the internet speed using some tips, then here are the detailed instructions.
How to Increase Download Speed of BSNL Broadband?
Generally windows reserves 20% of the bandwidth provided by the Internet service providers. So if we can reduce the limit to 0, then we can use the complete bandwidth allocated for us.
- Go to Start -> Run
- Type "gpedit.msc" to open the group policy editor.
- Navigate to "Local Computer Policy" -> "Computer Configuration" -> "Administrative Templates" -> "Network" -> "QOS Packet Scheduler" -> "Limit Reservable Bandwidth."
- Now, double-click on the option named "Limit Reservable Bandwidth" and change the value from 20 to 0.
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center/Network Connections -> Open "Local Area Connection" and click on "Properties" button.
- Now click on "TCP/IP" and in the DNS address fields, replace the current DNS servers with the below two addresses.
- Click "OK" and restart the .
Note: Windows 7 Home Edition (64 bit) doesn't have gpedit.msc option ( editor). Hence, skip the first step and go with the second option if you're win 7 home user.